The City of San Diego recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of the users of this web site. The City of San Diego World Wide Web site is a fundamental communication tool for providing critical and informative City information and interactive services to its citizens and the world. The goal of the City of San Diego Web site is to encourage user participation in City government, to enable electronic service delivery to the public, and to help create a better San Diego.
- Information that could be collected from or for a minor includes, but not necessarily limited to: name, address, telephone number, email address, school, hobbies and any question or comment submitted.
- Parental Consent. [Parent includes legal guardian.]
- Parental consent will be obtained before collecting, using or disclosing personal information about a child.
- In the event that the City changes its practices of collecting, using or disclosing any information in a substantive way, new parental consent will be obtained. An example of a change may include, what material is collected, how the information may be used, or third party access to that information.
- Upon verification of a child’s parent’s identity, the requesting parent will be able to review the personal information collected from their child.
- A parent will be allowed to revoke their consent and the City will delete information collected from or for their children on request. When consent is revoked, the website will stop collecting, using or disclosing information from or for that child. Revocation may end a child's participation in an activity if the information collected was necessary for participation on the website.
Additional information can be obtained at the?FTC's Consumer Response Center?and the?Kidz Privacy websites.